6.25.2010

Naughty and Nice

Hey hotties!
I found the time today to post these recipes. I am only going to post things I have made that are fabulous and easy. Next time I make each of these I will post a picture. I thought it would only be appropriate to do a post on what I'm struggling with these days...being nice and then being naughty...needless to say baby weight is slow to come off!

xoxo
Eva

Naughty:

Creme Puffs

Puffs
Heat 1 cup water and 1 stick butter in saucepan over med heat until butter is melted. Add I cup flour and stir until well mixed. Remove from heat and add 4 beaten eggs. Stir until becomes thick. Will be runny for couple minutes while stirring then will thicken. Drop onto greased cookie sheet. Makes 12 puffs. Bake at 350 for approx 35 minutes. Can add powdered sugar to top after cooled.

Filling
2small boxes vanilla or French vanilla instant pudding.
8oz cool whip
1 1/2cups milk
1/2 Philadelphia cream cheese block (softened)

Using mixer, mix cool whip, milk and cream cheese together. While mixing slowly add in puddings. Beat for a few minutes until thick. Refrigerate filling. You can fill two batches of puffs with one batch of filling.


Nice:

Pineapple Mango Salsa

1 ripe Mango, peeled and diced
1 cup diced fresh pineapple
1 cup diced Papaya (I usually don't use that because I never can find one with good flavor. If you don't use that then use 2 cups pineapple)
2 tablespoons minced red onion
1 teaspoon jerk seasoning (I use the McCormick Caribbean Jerk)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Once that gets all together and you mix it, try it out. Depending on how sweet the fruit is I usually have to add some more of the jerk or salt and pepper. Just flavor to your liking.

1 comment:

  1. That salsa looks so good! I am totally making it for Sunday dinner tomorrow. We have been grilling a ton lately, and that would go perfectly!

    ReplyDelete