I have been meaning to try this recipe for weeks and have even had the ingredients in the fridge ready to go. When some friends invited us over for dinner tonight, I volunteered to bring sopapilla cheesecake for dessert! Good choice. It's delish. A little rich (have some milk on hand!) but it was a hit. I drizzled honey on mine...YUM.
24 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 1/2 cups of white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 cans of crescent dough (the seamless kind works best)
1/2 cup of butter (melted)
1/2 cup of white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
Place 1 can of the seamless crescent dough in a 9x13 pan. Press down. Sprinkle with cinnamon (the more the better.)
Beat softened cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups of white sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Spread the mixture evenly over the dough in the pan.
Cover the cream cheese mixture with the second piece of crescent dough.
Evenly pour the melted butter on top of the cheesecake. Stir together the remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle this over the cheesecake. The butter will soak this up and make a YUMMY, crunchy crust.
Bake for about 35 mins at 350 degrees.
Family Size Brownie Mix
2 sticks butter
1/2 c sugar
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1 3/4 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
Wilton's Melting Chocolate
1. Preheat over to 350
2. Prepare brownie mix as directed on box.
3. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy and light.
4. Slowly add flour and salt till combined.
5. Press shortbread into an 11x7 pan lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
6. Pour brownie batter on top of shortbread layer.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until fork comes out clean.
8. Let cool completely before frosting.
9. Melt Wilton's chocolate in microwave as directed on package. Spread on top of brownies.
10. Melt some white chocolate chips and drizzle over the top if you want :)
1 C. flour
2 Tbs. sugar
1 stick margarine
Dash of salt
Capful of Almond Extract
4 C. sliced and peeled apples
1/2 C. sugar
2 Tbs. flour
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 C. flour
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. butter
1. Mix crust ingredients together in a bowl with your hands. Once well blended, press into pie pan (this crust does not need to be rolled out).
2. Peel, core and slice apples and mix with other ingredients. Pour over crust.
3. Mix topping ingredients with hands. Sprinkle over the top of the pie.
4. Place pie in a paper bag and cook in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour and a half.
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 c. chocolate chip
Melt this combo in the microwave and pour over the 2/3 that you pressed into the bottom of the baking dish.
Take the remaining 1/3 and make "puddles" on the top.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.