This was my attempt at cute, yummy Halloween treats for my VT girls. The jury is out on the cute part but they were definitely yummy. Michael's has a zillion different colors of the Wilton's melting chocolate that I frosted them with, so you could make variations for different holidays throughout the year!
Family Size Brownie Mix
2 sticks butter
1/2 c sugar
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1 3/4 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
Wilton's Melting Chocolate
1. Preheat over to 350
2. Prepare brownie mix as directed on box.
3. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy and light.
4. Slowly add flour and salt till combined.
5. Press shortbread into an 11x7 pan lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
6. Pour brownie batter on top of shortbread layer.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until fork comes out clean.
8. Let cool completely before frosting.
9. Melt Wilton's chocolate in microwave as directed on package. Spread on top of brownies.
10. Melt some white chocolate chips and drizzle over the top if you want :)