9.10.2010

Easiest, Yummy Lasagna


(Again, this picture was another victim of the missing camera. Oh iphone, I love you but your food pictures are crap.)

I am not kidding when I say I rarely make recipes that include more than 6 or 7 ingredients. The second I see spices or sauteeing in a recipe, I'm out. If it requires me to run around the grocery store looking for random ingredients that I don't normally buy, I want no part of it. Hence, I love this lasagna recipe. Trust me when I tell you that even though it's beyond simple, it's also beyond good. Preston took leftovers for lunch 2 days in a row and he does not do leftover. Now that's saying something!

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 lb. cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
18 slices of mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
8 lasagna noodles (oven ready)

1. Brown the ground beef. Add the spaghetti sauce. Heat it through and set on low.
2. Combine cottage cheese and sour cream in a bowl. Mix well.
3. Put a little of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 9X13 pan. (Enough to cover bottom). Then put 4 of the noodles right on top.
4. Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture on top. Layer 6 slices of mozarella.
5. Put half of remaining meat sauce on top of the mozzarella. Sprinkle half of the parmesan.
6. Make one more layer, starting with noodles.
7. Top with remaining mozzarella.
8. Cover with foil at bake for 1 hour at 350. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes.

I think this recipe might be another one that could be made healthier with fat free cottage cheese, light sour cream, and fat-free mozzarella. Next time!

1 comment: