9.25.2010

Shredded Chicken Tacos

I got this delicious recipe from my sister's sister-in-law, Carynn. Carynn has some great recipes and this is one of them. It is so quick and easy.

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 bunch green onions
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 can green chilis
1 tsp. cumin
garlic powder to taste
salt, pepper to taste

Boil chicken until no longer pink (can be boiled from frozen)
Shred while still hot
Brown green onions in a little oil, then add chicken and all other ingredients

Serve in fried corn tortillas with a little cheese on top. Heat in the microwave to heat the cheese for a few seconds. Can add tomatoes, sour cream, and lettuce but good with just cheese too.

*Now, since I am trying to watch what I eat, I skip the cheese and fried tortilla. I use the carb balance soft flour tortillas. That is what I used in the picture, with a little cheese :).

No comments:

Post a Comment