8.02.2010

Condo Row Key Lime Pie1


This recipe is called "Condo Row Key Lime Pie" because during our Condo Row days, Melissa and I made this all. the. time. Because we were so generous, when some guys in our ward lamented to us that they wished they had visiting teachers to bring them treats, we made them this pie, complete with a lime peel garnish. We all need a little Relief Society love sometimes.

Here goes:

Ingredients:
8 oz. cream cheese
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Key lime juice (I prefer Nellie and Joe's Key Lime Juice)
Graham Cracker crust (unless you're an overachiever, buy the prepared crust and call it a day)

Directions:

1. Make sure you let your cream cheese soften and mix in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
2. Add 1/4 cup key lime juice. (Disclaimer: I'm a Miami girl and we like our key lime pie TART in Florida. I start with 1/4 cup but I probably put in at least 1/2 cup when it's all said and done. I just keep adding key lime juice till it's tart enough for me.)
3. Pour into the crust and let it chill for at least 2 hours.
*I added green food coloring because that's how we do it in Florida. You don't need to though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment