7.31.2010

Lemon Cake



Make this today. You'll be so glad you did. I have made this lemon cake at least 6 times in the last 2 months. That's a lot for me because I like to try out new recipes more than I like to repeat. Don't let the picture fool you (clearly, I am not a food photographer,) this cake is amazing. Especially if you love lemon, which I do. It is insanely moist and the icing is what makes it. It's the perfect mix of crunchy, tart icing and sweet, moist cake. It's the perfect dessert to take to dinner at friends' too because it's easy peasy but sure to impress! Seriously, I usually make it on Sundays and have to take it to work the next day to get rid of it because I can truly eat the whole thing in a single sitting. No problemo.

Lemon Cake

Ingredients:

1 pkg white cake mix

1 small box instant lemon pudding

3/4 cup oil

3 eggs

1 cup sprite

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix with a mixer.

2. Pour into a greased bunt cake pan. (I’ve made it in a 9x13 pan also, and although not quite as pretty as a bunt pan, I liked how the icing puddled on the cake. Yum!)

3. Bake for 40 minutes.

4. When cool, turn over onto a plate and ice that baby! (Drizzle the icing all over that cake!)

5. Eat up, buttercup!

Icing

Start by mixing 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 tbsp lemon juice in a small mixing bowl. The more the merrier with this icing (Preston says he would eat an old shoe if it was covered in this icing,) so make as much as you like. To be honest, I don’t pay any attention to the measurements on this icing. I just mix powdered sugar and lemon juice until it’s a consistency that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment