7.06.2010

Shannon Salad


(Forgive/ignore this horrendous picture. I promise this salad is the bomb.)

My sister-in-law, Shannon, makes the most amazing salad that I literally want to take a bath in. After much begging and flattery, she shared the recipe with me. Ok, actually Shannon shared it willingly because on top of being gorgeous and funny, she's also very generous!

This salad is so good that Shannon just has it taped to the inside of her cabinet and now I do too! I've made it for work pot lucks a couple times and now I truly have coworkers begging me to bring it in again. It's that good. FYI, the picture above doesn't reflect the true recipe. I kinda used whatever I had on hand at the time so it's a teensy bit different. (For example, I added craisins and roasted sunflower seeds just because I forgot the almonds at the store!) The dressing is exactly the same though and that's the key!

Here you go and send your thanks to Shannon :)

1 bag Spinach

4-5 slices of bacon

2 oz candied almonds (I just use spray butter in a pan, dump some slivered almonds in and add some sugar. I cook it for a few minutes)

1 green apple

Dressing

1/3 c olive oil

3 Tbsp applecider vinegar

1/4 c sugar

1/4 tsp. salt

1/8 of a red onion




No comments:

Post a Comment